[OpenIndiana-discuss] Infinite updates...

John Doe jdmls at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 27 10:36:46 UTC 2014

From: Laurent Blume <laurent+oi at elanor.org>

> Yes. It's how IPS/pkg was designed to work: by default, it does not
> update the current environment, it creates a new one, and update that
> one. So your updates won't be used until you reboot to the new environment.

Ah, thanks to both for the confirmation.
Coming from linux, I am used to just reboot for kernel updates.
And, since I cannot easily reboot, guess updates will have to wait...

last question, when I see "Boot Environment openindiana-10"; does that mean
I have 10 full "updated environments", each a few GBs, waiting somewhere?

Thx,
JD