[OpenIndiana-discuss] publish own ips package

Randy S sim.ple at live.nl
Mon Mar 31 09:48:37 UTC 2014

Hi

Trying to add own packages to local repo according to instructions found at:
http://bradhudsonjr.wordpress.com/2011/08/11/how-to-publish-your-own-ips-packages/

Basically boils down to creating a local repo with dir  /IPS/packaging/
Add software to ips directory structure
then:
pkgsend generate /IPS/packaging/mypackage > \
  /IPS/packaging/mypackage.manifest.1

pkgmogrify mypackage.manifest.1 mypackage.transform > mypackage.manifest.2

pkgdepend generate -md /IPS/packaging/mypackage mypackage.manifest.2 > \
  mypackage.manifest.3

pkgdepend resolve -m mypackage.manifest.3

All is well to this point. And then just when you think that the last step would be a formality.....

pkgsend -s http://10.36.136.7:10001/ publish -d \
  /IPS/packaging/mypackage mypackage at 1.0.0-0.167 \
  mypackage.manifest.3.res

Gives me (and probably only me..) the error....

pkgsend publish: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'helpfile at 1.0.0-0.151.1.7'

I used my own  dir and file to create a package. For the rest everything was done exactly as on the above mentioned site...

Help ?