[OpenIndiana-discuss] pkg foo

Discussion list for OpenIndiana openindiana-discuss at openindiana.org
Tue May 20 19:39:01 UTC 2014

On May 19, 2014, at 1:47 PM, Discussion list for OpenIndiana <openindiana-discuss at openindiana.org> wrote:

> ndeed, the pkg command was updated in the meanwhile.
> You can probably update it from the global zone like this:
> # pkg -R /path/to/zone/root install pkg
>
> (or perhaps "update" instead of "install")

neither update nor install resulted in joy.

Either brought me a couple of screen fulls of messages similar to these…

do you have any other ideas? is the zone upgrade process well vetted?

root at www010:~# pkg -R /data/zones/wonderland42.apsalar.com/root update package/pkg

These packages may not be installed together. Any non-conflicting set may
be, or the packages must be corrected before they can be installed.

The following packages all deliver file actions to usr/lib/python2.6/vendor-packages/M2Crypto/BIO.py:

  pkg://openindiana.org/library/python-2/m2crypto-26@0.21.1,5.11-0.151.1.9:20140117T205115Z
  pkg://openindiana.org/library/python-2/m2crypto@0.20.0,5.11-0.151.1:20110912T031226Z

These packages may not be installed together. Any non-conflicting set may
be, or the packages must be corrected before they can be installed.

The following packages all deliver file actions to usr/lib/python2.6/vendor-packages/cherrypy/_cpserver.py:

  pkg://openindiana.org/library/python-2/cherrypy-26@3.1.2,5.11-0.151.1.9:20140117T205113Z
  pkg://openindiana.org/library/python-2/cherrypy@3.1.2,5.11-0.151.1:20110912T031225Z