[OpenIndiana-discuss] F*ck Yahoo, AOL get us back our mailing lists

Discussion list for OpenIndiana openindiana-discuss at openindiana.org
Thu May 22 15:28:26 UTC 2014

On Thu, May 22 at 17:18, Discussion list for OpenIndiana wrote:
>I don't f care about Yahoo and AOL mail settings,
>we now have mailing list where Noone can se who is posting what message!
>
>I got under impression, that thing got fixed back. But I see again new
>massages posted from Who knows who, because we dont'have FROM header
>anymore!
>This will KILL mailing lists and we must refuse this stupidity at
>least on our mailing lists.
>
>People at Yahoo and AOL, make new accounts and re-subscribe.
>Same goes also for me if Gmail goes that way,
>let's have our mailing lists back!
>
>Let's BOUNCE Yahoo and AOL and have mailing list for normal mail providers.

Replying to whoever said this...

In principle I agree, however, someone else (can't remember) said
they'd been given admin rights and were working on fixing our list
code to integrate those security changes properly, which should then
properly show names.

In the current state it's definitely unusable, and I've been on the
virge of unsubscribing for a few days.

--
Eric D. Mudama
edmudama at bounceswoosh.org