[OpenIndiana-discuss] Bash bug issue

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Thu Oct 2 20:41:44 UTC 2014

On 10/ 2/14 01:37 PM, outsider wrote:
> It is very strange with the oracle updates for Solaris 10 & 11
>
> Is far as I can see, Solaris 10 and Solaris 11 get different bash versions
> after the patch.

They had different bash versions before the patch too.  Upstream released
fixes for bash versions from 2.0 to 4.3, so that distros/packagers weren't
forced to update to the latest just to get the fixes.

There is nothing strange here, just don't expect to have the same
software versions in two OS's released 7 years apart.

	-Alan Coopersmith-              alan.coopersmith at oracle.com