[OpenIndiana-discuss] compiling firefox with gcc

Nikola M. minikola at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 09:16:40 UTC 2014

On 09/29/14 07:49 PM, Apostolos Syropoulos via openindiana-discuss wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to compile firefox using gcc instead of the buggy
>
> Sun Studio. Unfortunately, it seems that the building tools
> are wrongly assuming that one should use Sun Studio to compile
> things. Has anyone success in building firefox with gcc?
  Ginn Chen from Oracle, post contributed TB/FF Builds to Mozilla
'contrib' dirs after releases and I think he now moved to GCC, to for
newer Mozilla releases, because of some C++ problems.
It is said he has patches he can share , that I don't know if they are
included in Hipster. You can ask him.
I would also like to be able to build Mozilla products and how to cook
them.
There is also an SeaMonkey application suite build, that I got from
Mahomet (_David Mackay
<http://search.gmane.org/?author=David+Mackay&sort=date>_)in January
(http://www.ulx.cc/assets/build/seamonkey-2.23.en-US.solaris2.11-i386.tar.bz2)
but I didn't get source yet.  I think they could be here:
https://github.com/IRIXUser
https://github.com/IRIXUser/mozilla-gate
With one bug: https://github.com/IRIXUser/mozilla-gate/issues/1

He also worked on  re-enabling lx (Linux) brand for zones, he used to
run skype on.
(http://cr.illumos.org/~webrev/DavidJX8P/lx-zones-restoration/,
http://www.listbox.com/member/archive/182179/2014/01/sort/time/page/6/entry/20:369/20140115122252:AF7F3336-7E09-11E3-A070-B92BA60CD128/)