[OpenIndiana-discuss] Bash bug issue

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Sun Oct 5 20:40:17 UTC 2014

On Mon, 6 Oct 2014, Ian Collins wrote:

> Bob Friesenhahn wrote:
>> It is always good to execute 'gmake check' before installing sofware
>> that comes with a test suite.  Some bash tests seem to fail.
>
> If you check the comments printed by the tests, it looks like the "failures"
> seen on Solaris based OS are expected.

Under OpenIndiana I saw some differences in output which may be due to
small issues with internationalized character sets ("locales").
OpenIndiana uses different internationalization code than "Solaris"
since it was written from scratch by the Illumos project.

The bash I built (4.3.29) seems to be working fine for my purposes but
I don't use bash as an interactive shell.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn