[OpenIndiana-discuss] OI storage sollution

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Thu Oct 9 15:08:16 UTC 2014

On 10/09/2014 18:45, Udo Grabowski (IMK) wrote:
> On 09/10/2014 15:56, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
>> On 10/09/2014 17:41, Udo Grabowski (IMK) wrote:
>>> On 09/10/2014 14:18, Cal Sawyer wrote:
>>> We have 400 TB and are still in...
>>>

>> Hi.
>>
>> Could you share some specifications of this installation? I'm interested
>> in hardware specs, zfs pools organization, what do you use for HA,
>> backup, any other interesting details, how do you share volumes
>> (iSCSI/FC), etc..
>>
> See attached pdf for our current setup. No HA, we rely on NFSv4,
> Hope that gives you enough details.

Thanks for information. Sounds great :) I've just returned from IBM
seminar on Storwize V7000 and thought several times: "This great, but
perhaps I could do it 5-10 times cheaper on OI and something like
http://www.supermicro.nl/products/nfo/CiB.cfm".
We have two Storwizes, and they are great, but for now we lack cheap
storage which we could provide to our clients.
--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,