[OpenIndiana-discuss] Future of OI (was Bash Bug issue)

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Thu Oct 9 21:55:31 UTC 2014

Bayard Bell писал 10.10.2014 01:10:
> On 9 October 2014 20:41, openindiana at out-side.nl
> <openindiana at out-side.nl>
> wrote:
>
>> From my limited tunnelview:
>>
>> Nexenta: closed source, no real root, no zones. IF you want storage
>> with
>> support this is the best option.
>>

> Please define closed source while accounting for this fundamental fact:
>
> https://github.com/nexenta/illumos-nexenta

Hi.

I'd be more interested in https://github.com/Nexenta/nza-userland/.
I see at least smartmontools, dtrace toolkit patches, dpkg and dpkg zone
brand which I'd like to borrow.
Why I haven't seen this earlier? :)

BTW, I see that you have clang component. How do you use clang? I mean,
is it just proof of concept component
or you actually can do something useful with it?

---