[OpenIndiana-discuss] About moving to hipster

Predrag Zecevic predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com
Mon Oct 13 16:07:51 UTC 2014

Am 13.10.2014 um 17:42 schrieb Harry Putnam:
> ken mays via openindiana-discuss <openindiana-discuss at openindiana.org>
> writes:
>> See:
>>
>> http://dlc-origin.openindiana.org/isos/hipster/OI-hipster-gui-20141010.iso
>>

> [...]
>
> Thanks to both Alexander Pyhalov and you for that URL
>
> Alexanders, your awaited iso was already there when I looked
> yesterday.  Thanks
>
> Can any of you tell me how one navigates the pkgs.  In my install
> there seems to be no pkg manager.
>
> I'm familiar with the pkg cmdline but digging out specific stuff
> without the name is a bit primitive. And time consuming.
>
> There are some specific tools one needs to be able to build pkgs from
> source ... the developer/gnu  is one.  But there are others I don't
> recall the names of.
>
> For example, I'm having a problem building an external pkg called
> xbindkeys.
>
>    checking for gawk... gawk
>    checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... yes
>    checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles... no
>    checking for gcc... no
>    checking for cc... no
>    checking for cl.exe... no
>    configure: error: in `/usr/local/src/xbindkeys-1.8.6_2':
>    configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH
>    See `config.log' for more details
>

> So I start mucking around for gcc and find quite a bit with 'pkg search'
>
> What pkgs do I need to be able to do this?

Hi,

you need gcc compiler and to set PATH:

# Some packages
developer/gcc-47
developer/gcc-48
system/library/gcc-4-runtime

$ pkg search -l /usr/bin/gcc
INDEX      ACTION VALUE       PACKAGE
path       link   usr/bin/gcc pkg:/developer/gcc-48 at 4.8.3-2014.1.1.0
path       link   usr/bin/gcc pkg:/developer/gcc-47 at 4.7.4-2014.1.1.0

$ echo $PATH
export PATH=/usr/gnu/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/sfw/bin:/usr/sbin

I think that there was a page on wiki.openindiana.org regarding use of
gcc (compilers), but I cannot recall which exactly...

HTH. Best regards.
Predrag Zecevic

Predrag Zečević, Technical Support Analyst, 2e Systems GmbH

Telephone: +49 6196 9505 815, Facsimile: +49 6196 9505 894
Mobile:    +49  174 3109 288,     Skype: predrag.zecevic
E-mail:    predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com

Headquarter:          2e Systems GmbH, Königsteiner Str. 87,
                       65812 Bad Soden am Taunus, Germany
Company registration: Amtsgericht Königstein (Germany), HRB 7303
Managing director:    Phil Douglas

http://www.2e-systems.com/ - Making your business fly!