[OpenIndiana-discuss] Sendmail on oi 151_a9

Gary Mills gary_mills at fastmail.fm
Mon Oct 13 23:36:45 UTC 2014

On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 06:48:48PM -0400, Harry Putnam wrote:
> Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney at ndsu.edu> writes:
>
> > The easy thing to do would be to remove that line (or comment it out,
> > remember for m4 it's "dnl") and then try the rebuild.  If it works,
> > then it's that line.
>
> Bingo... yup its that line.
>
> >> I created the directory and the authinfo file and as you see they are
> >> in place:
> >>    root # ls -l /etc/mail/auth
> >>  total 82
> >>  -rw------- 1 root root    66 Oct 13 11:55 authinfo
> >>  -rw------- 1 root root 81920 Oct 13 16:15 authinfo.db

You don't actually need the authinfo feature to use authinfo.  You
can put the same data in the access database instead.  The README
file describes how to do that.  These are my access files:

    -rw-r-----   1 root     root         172 Jul  3  2011 /etc/mail/access
    -rw-r-----   1 root     root       32768 Jul  3  2011 /etc/mail/access.db

The contents are like this:

    AuthInfo:[mail.messagingengine.com] "U:user at domain" "P:password" "M:PLAIN"
    AuthInfo:mail.messagingengine.com "U:user at domain" "P:password" "M:PLAIN"

I'll attach the .mc file I'm using.  You'll need to modify it in
order to use it.