[OpenIndiana-discuss] About moving to hipster

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Wed Oct 15 19:05:31 UTC 2014

On 10/15/14 12:00 PM, Udo Grabowski (IMK) wrote:
> On 15/10/2014 20:23, Aurélien Larcher wrote:
>> Hi,
>> be warned that I just put the files that have been removed with the GUI
>> deprecation, I did not have the time for more :)
>>
> Can anybody state what is wrong now with the packagemanager to
> remove it at all ? Since it still works in oi_151a9, it must
> have been broken in /hipster (if it is really broken).

Upstream removed it because the internal API's in IPS it used changed and
no one was left to update the GUI.

You can choose between getting new code from upstream or keeping the old
GUI, but the only way to have the GUI with new upstream code would be
someone stepping up to take ownership of keeping the GUI up to date with
the private/uncommitted IPS internal interfaces it relies on.

	-Alan Coopersmith-              alan.coopersmith at oracle.com