[OpenIndiana-discuss] About moving to hipster

bentahyr at chez.com bentahyr at chez.com
Thu Oct 16 03:29:27 UTC 2014

Harry,

I'm in the same situation. I refreshed a few application and would like to offer to the community.
>From what Nicola posted, I'm trying to set up a process to do this:
There are 2 steps that I'm working on right now (well, late at night):
1 - How to make an IPS package (found some docs here and there including oracle website)
2 - How to make a clean and reproducible environment to :
2.1 - compile/build
2.2 - test install and software

The first one seems quite simple and writing a simple process to do it shouldn't take long.
The second one is a bit trickier as I'm not familiar with zones and vbox seems a bit overkill for this task.

If I have to step in, I have this problem as well, and would like to have an answer, which is to define what compiler I should use :
1 - stay as close as possible to oracle solaris using SunStudio
2 - GNU userland and compilers and which version should I aim for.

It seems that some decisions have to be made, indeed.

Best regards.
Ben