[OpenIndiana-discuss] Sendmail on oi 151_a9

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Thu Oct 16 08:18:18 UTC 2014

Gary Mills <gary_mills at fastmail.fm> writes:

> I looked into what that m4 define did.  It only sets the DS macro
> in sendmail.cf with this statement in m4/proto.m4:
>
>     DS`'ifdef(`SMART_HOST', `SMART_HOST')
>
> So I said to myself: what can you posibly do wrong, except to
> misspell SMART_HOST, but he wouldn't do that.  You did!

Oh man.  I'm so sorry to have wasted your time with such a pissy
little dumb mistake.

I remember copy/pasting that line from an older config and then
editing the IP part.... .. so I've managed to bring new life to what
has to have been a no-working config headache from the past.

I let the damn thing jack me (and you, and other posters) around
creating lots of wasted output on this list.

OK, crawling back in my hole and keeping my head down for a while
now....