[OpenIndiana-discuss] Sparc

Peter jini at zeus.net.au
Thu Sep 4 20:54:56 UTC 2014

Thanks Alexander,

I noticed that Xorg used by Solaris 11 is still freely available.

With regard to PC graphics card options, people who use apple often flash their cards to add code that calls the PC Bios code, Open Firmware and coreboot have been emulating pc bios also,  so I'm investigating whether something similar to the apple folks (who use UEFI) can be done for open boot.

There's a lot of very powerful cheap sun servers around at present.

Peter.