[OpenIndiana-discuss] OpenSXCE

Dormition Skete (Hotmail) dormitionskete at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 8 18:25:48 UTC 2014

I really hesitated to post anything about OpenSXCE because I didn’t want to open people up to another Martin-bashing contest.  And immediately after hitting the “Send” button, I had the thought, “I really should have sent that privately to Peter.”  But that thought came just a hair too late, unfortunately.

I like Martin a lot.  He doesn’t have any interest whatsoever in what I think is important, but I like him.  So let’s please not have yet another ugly exchange about him.  It’s always easier to find fault with someone than to support him.  After all, to support a person takes a lot more work, and virtue.

Personally, if I had sparc gear, and couldn’t find a better OS for it, and if I thought OpenSXCE would be a reasonably decent solution for us, I’d offer Martin some money for paid support.  I bet he’d be give world-class support for a pittance compared to anyone else — for it would give him some money to eat with.

If I’m jumping the gun here, please forgive me — but let’s all please be nice about Martin.  There has been far too much fault-finding with him already.

For what it’s worth, I’d appreciate it.

Cordially,

Peter, hieromonk