[OpenIndiana-discuss] LDAP Client StartTLS Support

Andre Kruger Andre.Kruger at TRW.COM
Thu Sep 11 08:03:20 UTC 2014

I don't think this is a Samba problem I am only providing the info to help the reader understand where I am coming from.

I am trying to join my Samba server to my domain. This previously worked but our AD admins enabled LDAPS on the DCs which broke the connection. Upon retrying to join the domain, running the samba join command in debug mode I get the following:

Successfully contacted LDAP server 1.1.1.1
Connected to LDAP server DC1.ad.domain.com
StartTLS not supported by LDAP client libraries!

Is StartTLS supported by the ldap client we have in OI?

According to this site earlier versions of Solaris did not support it yet so I am not sure if it is supported on the current release of OI.

http://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=30339&seqNum=3