[OpenIndiana-discuss] VNC connections to Hipster

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Fri Sep 12 14:15:21 UTC 2014

On 08/25/2014 23:14, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Dave Koelmeyer писал 25.08.2014 12:18:
>> Hi Folks,
>>
>> Before I go delving into why, has anyone else encountered issues with
>> using Remmina (on Ubuntu) to connect over VNC to Hipster? On my old
>> oi_151a8 box one simply enabled the VNC server in Gnome (/"Preferences
>> -> Desktop Sharing"/), pointed Remmina to it without any special sauce
>> and it just worked. On my Hipster box (installed using the latest
>> Hipster ISO and updated via the current Hipster repository),
>> attempting the same spits out an error: /"TLS handshake failed: A TLS
>> packet with unexpected length was received"/. Doesn't appear to be the
>> client either, based on seeing the same thing irrespective of which
>> Ubuntu box I connect from.
>>
>> Is anyone else seeing this?
>
> I see the same. However, I remember that after rebuilding vino 2 months
> ago this worked
> as expected... It seems to be a bug, but some debugging is necessary to
> find out what's
> wrong.

Hello.
I've tested VNC connection to current OI /hipster installation. This
worked. It works for me in two ways.
1) If I enable svc:/application/x11/xvnc-inetd:default, I can connect to
gdm login screen.

2) If I enable remote desktop access  with "Desktop sharing" AND disable
svc:/application/x11/xvnc-inetd:default I can connect to user session.

Please, check how it works for you.

--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,