[OpenIndiana-discuss] ashift 13?

Jason Matthews jason at broken.net
Tue Apr 7 15:59:29 UTC 2015

http://wiki.illumos.org/display/illumos/List+of+sd-config-list+entries+for+Advanced-Format+drives

There are number of drives listed in the above document as being 8kb
sector devices. Is this right? ashfit=13?

I set a system up on dc s3700 with a physical-block-size of 8192 and
most of the file systems i sent over reported approximately 2-3x more
disk usage than on the systems that were using the 512b advertised value.

if 8k is properly aligned, does that mean the zpools built on 512byte
sectors, using the same drives, are under reporting their utilization?

Can someone give me some color on what i am seeing? I am going to setup
another system at 512b and send the seemingly over inflated file system
back to see if it magically shrinks.

thanks,
j.