[OpenIndiana-discuss] Martin Bochnig

Nikola M minikola at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 00:07:39 UTC 2015

On 04/14/15 11:24 PM, Ivar Janmaat wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using Martins Firefox 37 browser with Flash and it works like a
> dream.

It is sad that source of that binary package is not shared, too as well
as patches and build process.
Using binary only is not the point of free software and open source.

I suggest of _not_ using binary-only packages of open source and free
software, like Firefox, until documentation for your binary is also open
and gives you same rights to learn how to make it.
Oracle makes available binaries but also source code patches and there
is Firefox inside OI that has flash working after going to
www.adobe.com/software/flash/about.

We'll see how things work out for Martin, as soon as he's requests for
re-inclusion on the list and OI are enabled by one that removed him from
the lists. I hope for the best.