[OpenIndiana-discuss] Martin Bochnig

Ivar Janmaat ijanmaat at xs4all.nl
Wed Apr 15 23:20:38 UTC 2015

Hello Andrew,

I know Firefox is not part of Illumos. The discussion was about
contributing to Illumos in different roles.

I am not talking about enduser support. Illumos mentions distros,
partners and sponser on their website. These are business to business
relations. Agreements if you like about, communication, use of logo's,
resource use, whatever. Probably agreements on how to work together in
an effective and efficient way.

You say that Illumos will put limitations on distro's business model but
you only mention the license condition. Are there more or is it only the
license? Just to be clear.

I don't feel it is helpful to go in to different business models if that
is not needed for this discussion. This is about managing expectations
and some mediation but lets try to get things clear first.

Kind regards,

Ivar Janmaat