[OpenIndiana-discuss] Recovering from a controller failure

Matt Boswell matt.boswell at medsphere.com
Sun Apr 26 22:45:24 UTC 2015

I'm making some headway on this.  I removed my hot spares (which were spares for both of my data pools) and used them to replace two of the three missing disks.  I'm still hitting a wall with getting the three devices that were originally part of the pool back in service.  I deleted the partition on c5t10d0 and tried to add it back to the pool but I still get a message that "/dev/dsk/c5t10d0s0 is part of active ZFS pool zfs1."

Previously I've been able to add these devices (which are vdevs presented by my raid controller) to the pools just by specifying the device, without specifying a slice like I have to do with rpool.  What might I be missing here?