[OpenIndiana-discuss] Java 8 plugin for Firefox

Apostolos Syropoulos asyropoulos at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 28 20:00:08 UTC 2015

Hello,

A few days ago I downloaded the latest sources of openjdk8in order to build a 32bit binary.
The build process finished and it created the required images. Now, there is no file

libnpjp2.soso there is no Java plugin for Firefox. I have also checked jdk1.8.0_31

and there is no file libnpjp2.so there! Now according to the following Web page:

http://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/technotes/guides/install/linux_plugin.html

there is Java plugin for both i386 and amd64 systems! My simple question is:
Where is the Java plugin?

A.S.