[OpenIndiana-discuss] Java 8 plugin for Firefox

Jonathan Adams t12nslookup at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 09:30:28 UTC 2015

from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenJDK

The Web browser plugin and Web Start
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Java_Web_Start>, which are part of Oracle
Java, are not included in OpenJDK. Sun previously indicated that they would
try to open-source these components, but neither Sun nor Oracle have done
so.[4] <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenJDK#cite_note-4> The only
currently available free plugin and Web Start implementation are those
provided by IcedTea <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IcedTea>."

you could have a look at:

http://icedtea.classpath.org/wiki/IcedTea-Web

and see if that works for you ... :)