[OpenIndiana-discuss] Java 8 plugin for Firefox

Jonathan Adams t12nslookup at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 14:24:13 UTC 2015

You can only get the plugin for Java 7, Java 8 for Solaris is 64 bit only,
because "Solaris runs on servers" and the plugin was 32 bit only.

If you compile OpenJDK, using IcedTea, you should be able to get a plugin
working for you.

I just resort to keeping the latest Java 7 install lying around.  The
downside is I need to either use Java 7 as the default (setting my
JAVA_HOME in my profile) and changing my PATH and JAVA_HOME when I want to
use the newer Java 8, or put wrappers around specific applications that
require an old JAVA