[OpenIndiana-discuss] Java 8 plugin for Firefox

Udo Grabowski (IMK) udo.grabowski at kit.edu
Wed Apr 29 14:41:36 UTC 2015

On 29/04/2015 16:13, Apostolos Syropoulos wrote:

>> As said, OpenJDK is not Oracle JDK and has NO browser plugins.
> Some times one makes some "intuitive assumptions" which obviously most of the
> times do not hold... Thus I thought it was clear that I was talking about

Uhmm , sorry for that misunderstanding.

> the Oracle JDK. So to be absolutely clear, I cannot find the browser plugin in
> the Oracle JDK distribution.

Indeed, the plugin was removed at all from JDK8, the difference
I was talking about between libnpjp2.so and libjavaplugin.so for
Firefox 31.x versus 37.x only holds for JDK 7.

--
Dr.Udo Grabowski   Inst.f.Meteorology & Climate Research IMK-ASF-SAT
http://www.imk-asf.kit.edu/english/sat.php