[OpenIndiana-discuss] Virtualbox on hipster

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Thu Aug 6 09:24:27 UTC 2015

6 августа 2015 г. 9:18:21 CEST, Carl Brewer <carl at bl.echidna.id.au> пишет:
>I bumped my OI box up to VB 5 yesterday, apart from one error at
>install
>time that I (regrettably!) did not record but that didn't seem to stop
>anything anyway, it seems to have worked fine with a vanilla package
>from VirtualBox's download.  Ie: I didn't run Jim's updated stuff and
>it
>seems to be fine so far.

With this, do you have vboxusb and vboxusbmon modules loaded (`modinfo -i | grep ox` - shows 6 drivers loaded overall on my 4.3.28 installation)?

With a /etc/vboxinst_vboxflt file touched, the original installer should have set up the vboxflt modules (modinfo'd twice) to allow illumos VNIC bridging.

HTH,
Jim

--
Typos courtesy of K-9 Mail on my Samsung Android