[OpenIndiana-discuss] Virtualbox on hipster

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Fri Aug 7 07:56:50 UTC 2015

7 августа 2015 г. 3:52:33 CEST, Nikola M <minikola at gmail.com> пишет:

>On 08/ 6/15 09:18 AM, Carl Brewer wrote:
>> I bumped my OI box up to VB 5 yesterday, apart from one error at
>> install time that I (regrettably!) did not record but that didn't
>seem
>> to stop anything anyway, it seems to have worked fine with a vanilla
>> package from VirtualBox's download.  Ie: I didn't run Jim's updated
>> stuff and it seems to be fine so far.
>
>Try uninstalling it?
>
>I am stuck with VirtualBox 4.3.26 on OI Hipster
>and I can't uninstall it so I can upgrade.
>
>If it can not be uninstalled so new one can be installed,
>that means, you are married with one you have.

Likewise, did you patch the installed copy of /opt/VirtualBox/vboxconfig.sh with my changes (simply patch - no checksum hassle as for new package before-installation changes)?

It is used during uninstall (and can break in unsupported OSes, precluding uninstallation).

Jim
--
Typos courtesy of K-9 Mail on my Samsung Android