[OpenIndiana-discuss] Help needed in qemu-kvm

Jonathan Adams t12nslookup at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 08:36:49 UTC 2015

my "standard" KVM startup command:

MAC=$(dladm show-vnic -po macaddress kvm0)
/usr/bin/qemu-kvm \
        -enable-kvm \
        -vnc 0.0.0.0:1 \
        -smp 4 \
        -m 4096 \
        -no-hpet \
        -localtime \
        -boot order=c,menu=off \
        -drive file=/dev/zvol/rdsk/rpool/kvm/kvm/disk0,if=ide,index=0 \
        -net nic,vlan=0,name=net0,model=e1000,macaddr=$MAC \
        -net vnic,vlan=0,name=net0,ifname=kvm0,macaddr=$MAC \
        -vga std \
        -k en-gb \
        -usb -usbdevice tablet

My guess is that you want the last line "-usb -usbdevice tablet" ...

I had trouble with KVM when I upgraded from OIu3 until OIu6, but have never
had trouble upgrading on Hipster ... not that I now use Hipster for KVM
hosts (I use OIu8 and keep them disconnected from external networks)

Jon