[OpenIndiana-discuss] Xorg sucks!

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Thu Dec 3 17:09:59 UTC 2015

On 12/ 3/15 09:07 AM, Apostolos Syropoulos wrote:
>> I wonder where they got their time machine from - X.Org just barely
>> released Xorg 1.18:
>
> This is of course irrelevant to my problem but that's what they state
> in their site:
>

> Added support for X.Org xserver ABI 20 (xorg-server 1.18).
>
> So this was my mistake. But since you are in the Xorg business,
> may I ask if this latest edition of Xorg works under Solaris?

We're running 1.17 on Solaris at the moment.  As far as I know 1.18 should
work, but I've been swamped with other stuff recently and not had time to
try it.

Of course, as noted elsewhere, we also have KMS support in Solaris for the
latest intel drivers, which is not yet in the official illumos or OI builds,
and that greatly affects the level of intel graphics support in Xorg.

	-alan-