[OpenIndiana-discuss] Xorg sucks!

Nikola M minikola at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 18:46:38 UTC 2015

On 12/ 3/15 01:39 PM, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:

> As for /dev, I think it's not a big secret that it's efficiently dead.

If hipster _releases_ (starting with hipster freeze to be able to update
from /dev, instead just marching on like 2 years ago) land into /dev
then /dev is what /dev is.

It is not big secret that hipster is never planned for any kind of
production, so it goes both sides..

Having upgradeable releases out of hipster, that land into /dev could be
widely used.

So not planning things and just doing updates to hipster without some
freeze for /dev update, does not help.
We need /dev because many people are not eager to update, say, twice a
day, but can chase releases and report bugs.