[OpenIndiana-discuss] OI roadmap (for production)

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Sun Dec 6 21:15:01 UTC 2015

On 12/ 6/15 12:59 PM, Private openbabel wrote:
> Dear Bob,
>
> I would like to see a foundation registered in the UK in early 2016 to receive
> donations and sponsorship similar to Libre Office.This will help with some of
> the development objectives outlined.

Will it?  Are there going to be enough donations to matter?

I was part of the group that spent years setting up the X.Org Foundation in
the US - we found that it was a ton of effort for little benefit if you're not
bringing in enough money to pay at least one employee to manage it all (which
is why we're now folding it into Software in the Public Interest - a larger
open source umbrella foundation covering many projects).

	-alan-