[OpenIndiana-discuss] Enable network interface from the start

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Mon Dec 7 18:04:00 UTC 2015

On Mon, 7 Dec 2015, luisa sd wrote:

> Hello guys,
>
> I want to know, because i am using a text only server,and i need to enable
> the netwrok interface everytime i reboot, i want to know how can i do this
> automatically?

See http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/4.2+Networking

Also, if NWAM is disabled (as described on URL above), this OmniOS
documentation regarding network configuration should also apply to
OpenIndiana:

http://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/GeneralAdministration

I think that you only want to use NWAM for systems where interfaces
come and go (e.g. for laptops) or for desktops primarily configured
via dhcp.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn