[OpenIndiana-discuss] The mailing list is dead

Nikola M minikola at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 09:36:25 UTC 2015

On 12/15/15 11:58 PM, David Brodbeck wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 2:51 PM, Gary Gendel <gary at genashor.com> wrote:
>
>> Strange, this is exactly why IMAP was created. I run my own mail server
>> using spamdyke for SMTP and dovecot for IMAP.  I have a dozen of mobile and
>> desktop devices that read and send mail and don't have an issue.
>
> My experience was that different IMAP clients using the same mailbox would
> "fight" each other over which emails were deleted, which were new, which
I would vote against using closed source mail clients, with open oneas,
one can at least realistically hope that bug report can result in the fix.

I also have a problem with central place for filtering e-mail messages -
I run filters only if I use Thunderbird to move messages around IMAP, so
my inbox is tidy.
Exporting Thunderbird mail filter rules and having some service of mine
do it for itself on standard IMAP account could be valuable if it is
self-hosted.