[OpenIndiana-discuss] The mailing list is dead

David Brodbeck brodbd at uw.edu
Thu Dec 17 20:33:19 UTC 2015

On Thu, Dec 17, 2015 at 1:21 AM, Nikola M <minikola at gmail.com> wrote:

> Using worst possible and least private solution is hardly the answer.
> I suppose hosting mail server at some small or middle size company, where
> there is payed full-time email server administrator is the better solution,
> then putting company's private e-mail and internal correspondence in the
> hands of NSA spying or US courts disposal (that every US company is obliged
> to allow) and that goes for cloud too. It is not only the case of
> governmental overseing it is others too.

Well, in my case I work for a public agency, so my work account is subject
to public Freedom Of Information Act requests *anyway*.  If the NSA spied
on it it would only be because they were too lazy to fill out FOIA
paperwork. ;)

As far as my personal mail goes, I can't host at home because I'm on a
cable ISP that blocks outgoing email, and I doubt some rinky-dink virtual
server provider would put up any more of a fight against the NSA than
Google will.  Sending it overseas would be worse, because it would
concentrate all the traffic over a small number of easily tapped cables.

--
D. Brodbeck
System Administrator, Linguistics