[OpenIndiana-discuss] Mailservers and clients that work on OI

the outsider openindiana at out-side.nl
Fri Dec 18 09:52:20 UTC 2015

I just want to share this because I see a lot of people moving to office365
and google because they are tiered of all problems with hosting their own
mailserver and to keep it up to date and running.

I use a commercial product that works out of the box on Openindiana. But it
is free for 5 users. (although you lose 1 for the "postmaster")
It supports SMTP, POP3, RPOP, AIRSYNC, SIP, XMPP, WEBCAL, Webmail and more.

With RPOP you can fetch email from different mail accounts into 1 mail
account on this server. So I fetch my mail from several accounts with a pop3
box every 2 minutes and store it in 1 user account on my server. My phone
and mailclient connect via IMAP with my server and I can read all mail with
1 account and 1 password.

I searched the internet for weeks for a good Solaris ready mailserver and
this was the best I could find. Even Oracle doesn't offer mailserver
solutions for Solaris.

Since I don't want to be called a spammer I will not post the name of the
program.
If you are interested please DM me, I have 0.0 connections with this mail
program but I hate it when people discard OpenIndiana as a server-OS because
they think they can do more with something else.