[OpenIndiana-discuss] Mailservers and clients that work on OI

Jerry Kemp sun.mail.list47 at oryx.us
Wed Dec 23 22:21:35 UTC 2015

Not that it needs confirming, but I can 2nd Jim's comments.

A few years back I did a 3 year contract at a very large telco.  If you used
your telco provided email account (i.e. either cell phone/mobile device or
broadband) your email lives and is processed both by Sparc based Sun/Oracle
servers using (what ever is the current name is this year) the Sun/Oracle email
server.

It was a very interesting job.  They had originally started using large SGI Irix
based systems (using a different email solution), then did a brief migration to
linux, then from linux to Solaris.

Although no longer in production by the time I arrived, this was the last point
in my career that I was able to used Silicon Graphics equipment.

Jerry