[OpenIndiana-discuss] oi or hipster for ultra5?

Peter Tribble peter.tribble at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 21:01:33 UTC 2015

On Sun, Feb 1, 2015 at 11:32 PM, Jacob Ritorto <jacob.ritorto at gmail.com>
wrote:

> tribblix dies a few seconds after starting to boot with
>
> Can't open boot_archive
> Fast Data Access MMU Miss

Hey, thanks for testing (and the bug report...)!

You did read the bit about "experimental", "works for me", and "only
tested on a T5140"? There's a reason those caveats apply, it hasn't
seen much testing outside my single lab box. It was only at the end of
last week that I burnt an actual iso and did a physical boot (as opposed
to running an LDOM off the iso image file).

So this is both encouraging and discouraging. The ISO is valid (that's the
good bit) but doesn't have a boot archive it can find. OK, I can add a
symlink to get around that particular error in the build.

You're still going to have the problem that the boot archive is too large.
I'm currently down to a 172M archive rather than 200M, but that's
really going to have to get down to ~100M before booting on a 256M
machine is viable. I can just about see how to get down to 120M,
but it's going to get more interesting beyond that.

-Peter Tribble