[OpenIndiana-discuss] Java 8 webstart

Till Wegmüller toasterson at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 14:56:59 UTC 2015

Hi

I can confirm that on OpenSuSE the /usr/bin/javaws comes from openjdk-pluginsWhich is derived from icedtea-web.

See https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?project=openSUSE%3A13.2&package=java-1_8_0-openjdk-plugin for more infos.

If you want to compile from source you can get it from http://icedtea.classpath.org

The Spec File for SuSE might give you some hints for Compiling. I haven't tired it myself though neither for OpenSuSE nor Solaris.

https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/openSUSE:13.2/java-1_8_0-openjdk-plugin/icedtea-web.spec?expand=1

Greetings Toast