[OpenIndiana-discuss] Hipster upgrade 18-feb-2015

Jonathan Adams t12nslookup at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 14:13:16 UTC 2015

I upgraded hipster on my laptop this morning and the graphics display on my
intel graphics card could not work above a 1024x768 resolution ...

I previously updated on 15-jan-2015 (after the change of publisher)

I've attached the "update log" from when I upgraded ...

I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the fact that I still have quite
a few "jds" packages on my system, or if it is just an incompatibility
issue.

nothing unusual in dmesg (at least nothing that wasn't there after 15-jan,
and before 18-feb)

root at jadlaptop:~# prtdiag
System Configuration: Dell Inc. Latitude E5500
BIOS Configuration: Dell Inc. A15 11/05/2009

==== Processor Sockets ====================================

Version                          Location Tag
-------------------------------- --------------------------
Intel Core 2                     Microprocessor

==== Memory Device Sockets ================================

Type        Status Set Device Locator      Bank Locator
----------- ------ --- ------------------- ----------------
DDR2        in use 0   DIMM_A
DDR2        in use 0   DIMM_B

Intel GM45 Graphics
IDT 92HD71

ID  Status    Type             Description
0   available PCMCIA           PCMCIA 0
root at jadlaptop:~#