[OpenIndiana-discuss] Hipster upgrade 18-feb-2015

Nikola M minikola at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 09:14:04 UTC 2015

On 02/18/15 05:03 PM, Jonathan Adams wrote:
> root at jadlaptop:~# pkg list -af | grep xorg-video-intel
> x11/server/xorg/driver/xorg-video-intel (openindiana.org)
> 2.99.917-2015.0.0.0        ---
> x11/server/xorg/driver/xorg-video-intel (openindiana.org)
> 2.18.0-2015.0.0.0          ---
> x11/server/xorg/driver/xorg-video-intel (openindiana.org)
> 2.18.0-2015.0.0.0          ---
> x11/server/xorg/driver/xorg-video-intel (openindiana.org)
> 2.9.1-2015.0.0.0           ---
> x11/server/xorg/driver/xorg-video-intel (openindiana.org)
> 2.6.3-2015.0.0.1           ---
> x11/server/xorg/driver/xorg-video-intel (openindiana.org)
> 2.6.3-2014.1.3.0           i--
>
> hmm ... I do appear to be stuck at an old version of the intel driver ...

Same (1024X768 fixed screen resolution) happens with intel 945 graphics,
that worked OK till 2015.
I think it also worked in 2015 before last update.
Only, Hipster does not update 'entire' package on every update, so I can
not update from 20141010 to 2015 prior to latest update of 2015.
(destroyed it before another 2015 update). So 2015 is not usable
currently for desktop.

Also , managing screen brightness from GNOME applet fails in today's
hipster-2015 , this is second blow to Hipster Laptop use since standby
stopped working in Spring 2014 (also destroyed old Hipster BE where it
last worked so can not go back to it to see what changed)

When updating, even when /opt is cleaned and mounted and work like that
right after that in 2014.1 (separate issuue on freezing display on
logging as another user - I should report user's settings maybe),
after update to 2015 it needs also cleaning /opt and rebooting again to
boot right.
Obviously update mess with installing something in /opt under
/opt/install-test
and leaves dirs of sub-datasets in there. (That is problem from before
20141010)
It is suggested it is illumos problem and to cry there for leaving /opt
in piece... Let's cry.