[OpenIndiana-discuss] NFS Automount from FreeNAS Server

Till Wegmüller toasterson at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 15:56:31 UTC 2015

no problem :)

The No such file or directory Error Happens when automount can't find a directory on the Server and thus does not create and mount the Directory.

My Question is from where does the truss output of the successful automount come from?
Is it from the same Computer as the failed one? Also are you running /hipster or /dev on this Computer?

Other Tests you could do.
What happens if you manually create the home?
What happens if you replace the * and & in auto_home with some real usernames?
What gets logged in syslog when Automount gets its config from LDAP?

Greetings Till