[OpenIndiana-discuss] termcap

Reginald Beardsley pulaskite at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 13 14:04:31 UTC 2015

Termcap vs terminfo has always been a bit of a mess.  I believe that terminfo has always been standard on Solaris since 2.1.

The best way to diagnose the problem is to run truss and look to see what it tries to open and in what order it looks for files.  This is useful for many such problems.

truss -o truss.out -f vi

shows OI 151a8 is looking in /usr/share/lib/terminfo

have Fun!
Reg