[OpenIndiana-discuss] OI installation on Intel NUC...

J Marc Edwards marc.edwards at siliconcloudinternational.com
Wed Jan 14 21:08:11 UTC 2015

Hello, OI community.  I'm new to the OI environment.  I am performing an OI
installation on an Intel NUC D54250WYKH.

I have previously booted and installed SmartOS on this NUC, having started
several zones.  However, I really need the graphical desktop environment and
wanted to explore OpenIndiana.

I have created my USB boot drive for OI and have started the installation
process.  I get through the first text queries and the display turns a few
solid colors and then essentially hangs on the green colored background
screen.

Any thoughts on what is happening?

Regards, Marc