[OpenIndiana-discuss] Will any news of upd OIi > hipster becoming poss be posted here?

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Fri Jan 16 05:11:10 UTC 2015

Harry Putnam писал 16.01.2015 02:34:
> Just checking something I wondered about.
>
> Is it safe to assume that if the ability to upgrade from 151_a9 to
> hipster becomes possible if will be posted here?

If it would become possible, of course I'll announce that. But we are
not there and even it's not in the "top goals" list. To this become
possible we have to have all OI components in oi-userland, and it's
still not true. JDS is successfully moving there for some time, we are
just starting to move XNV components. There are still g11n,
g11n/inputmethod - noone cared much about moving them yet.
There is another possibility - just bump package versions from 0.151.1.8
and republish packages. But you should account for incorporation
dependencies. Also after this is done, all package versions should be
compared and packages which were updated in /dev, but not in /hipster,
should be updated. There's a lot of work and noone volunteered to do it.
---