[OpenIndiana-discuss] rpool defragmentation

Floris van Essen ..:: House of Ancients Amstafs ::.. info at houseofancients.nl
Sat Jan 17 11:10:01 UTC 2015

Hi All,

If i read this correct, and one would have a heavily fragmented zpool ( doesn't matter if it's the rpool , or the data pool), and wanted to defrag  , provided you have mirrors, remove the mirrored disks, remove the partition on it, and read it...
After that is done resilvering, do the same for the other disks....

That would mean a manual defragging, which in general is a simpler way than send/receive, especially if you are space constraint.

I can even imaging write a script for that....

Met vriendelijke groet / With kind regards,

               Floris van Essen