[OpenIndiana-discuss] Mozilla Firefox 31.4.0 dumps core

Udo Grabowski (IMK) udo.grabowski at kit.edu
Fri Jan 23 09:05:05 UTC 2015

On 22/01/2015 17:59, Apostolos Syropoulos via openindiana-discuss wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have tried Mozilla Firefox 31.4.0 on a machine where
> I installed OpenIndiana a8 yesterday and it dumps core.
> Has anyone noticed this?
> A.S.

Running on dev a9 without nits, even google maps is ok.
Flash is going downhill, as more and more videos use
newer features, so a larger percentage than last year
is crashing now (but still in an acceptable 1-3% range).
Always use new /usr/local/lib firefox directories and
map ALL your helpers in gnome, thunderbird, acroread
etc. to a /usr/local/bin/firefox. If only one falls back
to the system installed old /usr/bin/firefox (get rid of
that link, point it to your /usr/local/lib/firefox/firefox),
I suspect that your .mozilla/firefox/ profile will be
corrupted.
--
Dr.Udo Grabowski   Inst.f.Meteorology & Climate Research IMK-ASF-SAT
http://www.imk-asf.kit.edu/english/sat.php