[OpenIndiana-discuss] forum creation

Reginald Beardsley pulaskite at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 25 17:41:53 UTC 2015

I asked what was broken, so the text below misquotes me entirely.  I do not think anything needs to be changed.  I think the OI/Illumos lists work pretty well.  We seem to have weathered the DMARC issue w/o too much trouble.

The archive provides a good interface for older discussions.  I'm also of the opinion that part of the price of getting help from others is providing it when the opportunity presents itself.

Gratuitous graphics, how many posts you've made and how long you've been a member are not things I care about.  If your mailbox gets too full, get an email address just for your mailing list subscriptions.  If you want change for the sake of change, this is probably not the right group.  If anything we're probably a bit too reluctant to change. We actually want that shell script someone wrote 20 years ago to still work w/o anyone having to maintain it.

Have Fun!
Reg