[OpenIndiana-discuss] Support for LSI-2308 SAS controller in oi_151a8

Matt Boswell matt.boswell at medsphere.com
Thu Jul 2 00:16:13 UTC 2015

Hi all,

We bit the bullet and bought a companion storage server to use for ZFS replication and failover. Our main box is about 3 years old and is also running oi_151a8. We're running into some issues insisting that some of the disks are over-temperature (via console messages), and now format shows only 6 of the 26 disks installed in the system.  "fmadm faulty" shows what I expected, that a slew of disks exceeded temperature thresholds and have been marked as faulty.  I find this hard to believe, as the system is properly cooled, in a colo rack, and the sensors on board all show normal temperatures via IPMI.   FWIW these disks have never been used; they are brand new and waiting to be added into zpools.  The controller BIOS shows all the disks as connected and healthy.  Just wondering if anyone has run across this before and what can be done about it.  The hardware is SuperMicro 6047R-E1R24L and the disks are WD SAS 4TB drives, with two intel SSDs in the back for rpool and log devices.
Matt