[OpenIndiana-discuss] Virtualbox on hipster

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Sat Jul 11 05:22:02 UTC 2015

10 июля 2015 г. 22:22:47 CEST, russell <stream at willows7.myzen.co.uk> пишет:
>Hi,
>
>I just tried to uninstall VirtualBox 4.3.28 so I could install
>VirtualBox 5.0.0 but the uninstall failed because the kernel version
>was
>not correctly identified. VirtualBox was left in such a way that it was
>
>not possible to complete the uninstallation nor install the newer
>version. Unluckily I tried the uninstall in a backup boot environment.
>
>$ uname -a
>SunOS ts 5.11 illumos-77eb9dd i86pc i386 i86pc

Did your existing installation use the original vboxconfig.sh or the one with my patches to identify certain illumos distros better (see my github and/or recent on-list discussions)?

Possibly you can install back the 4.3.28 (with patched script) and then uninstall it cleanly.

The other ways would be to dig in the guts of old pkg(svr4) metadata in /var/sadm/install/contents searching for SUNWvbox references to excise, and remove drivers following the code of pre-/post-remove scripts and vboxconfig.sh - I'd do that as a last resort.

Do your pools have autosnapshots? You might be able to rollback or clone your BE to a point before where you tried and failed to remove the package.

Jim
--
Typos courtesy of K-9 Mail on my Samsung Android